Do you have what it takes to help the Wedding Wishing Well Foundation reach its full potential? Are you passionate about fundraising?
The Wedding Wishing Well Foundation is looking for a Fundraising Co-ordinator, and that may just be you.
Please keep reading for a full job description – we’d love to hear from you. Hours and pay are negotiable for the right candidate.
Fundraising Co-ordinator Job Description
Candidates must have excellent verbal communication, written communication, and sales ability, as well as the drive to succeed. However, due to the nature of the work that we do, the candidate must also be compassionate and hold a high level of understanding.
The position involves outbound calling/recruiting local business and community leaders, through telephone sales, to volunteer/participate in local fundraising events. Therefore the candidate must have a friendly and professional speaking voice with strong phone etiquette skills, positive and energetic attitude, and strong desire to meet goals and commitments.
This position requires between 10-40 hours a week, Monday-Sunday from 9-4:30pm. Flexibility is offered, however some hours will be at weekends due to the nature of the position. The salary will be based on the hours taken and the candidate’s experience.
Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office and Dropbox is very helpful, while experience with social networking is advantageous. The position will have a probation period.
General Areas of Responsibility
– Vendor contact and coordination
– Volunteer coordination
– General clerical support
– Process incoming, and prepare outgoing, mail
– Close association with The Founder and Board of Trustees
– Work with program staff to develop educational programs and maintain critical databases and schedules
– Coordinate contact with outside vendors for various non-profit needs
– Coordinate volunteers
– Provide administrative support with regard to e-mails and newsletters
– Provide general clerical support, including filing, copying, correspondence and errands
– Seek and participate in strategic opportunities for professional development
– Participate in staff meetings and activities, as well as other Wedding Wishing Well Foundation activities as required, plus other duties as assigned
Fundraising coordinator position
Under general directions and supervision, the Fundraiser Coordinator is responsible for independently conducting the day-to-day operational management and implementation of all activities pertaining to fund development and fundraising.
– The Fundraising Coordinator must track and properly document all activities and complete all necessary reporting requirements
– The Fundraising Coordinator will ensure that personal conduct and representation at meetings and various community events is professional and aligns with The Wedding Wishing Well Foundation’s mission, code of conduct and constitution
– Reasonable fundraising goals, activities, budgets, and expense sheets will be established by the The Founder
– A reasonable quota will be established that needs to be met.
– The Fundraising Coordinator will research and contact potential funders
– The Fundraising Coordinator will help obtain funding by drafting, editing, and preparing grants for submission. This also includes compiling program related reports and submitting them in a timely manner.
– Take initiative to build relationships with potential funders including individual community donors
– Generate new ideas and business opportunities to increase fundraising and fund development to meet and exceed revenue goals
– Establish an ongoing fundraising program to support the work of The Wedding Wishing Well Foundation into the future
– Develop an annual fundraising plan and budget
– Develop revenue and expense reports for all fundraiser events after the event is completed
– Take the full responsibility to lead in initiating, planning, and implementing all necessary activities, in a timely manner, to ensure that program goals and objectives are accomplished
– Represent The Wedding Wishing Well Foundation at community meetings, outreach events, radio/TV shows, and other community settings
– Monitor programs, tracks and documents of all necessary activities, and completes all reporting requirements
– Submit documents and reports in a timely manner to meet stated deadlines
– Prepare grants/ project proposals and progress reports as required by program contract and agreements
– Search and research potential donors and foundations to identify and evaluate potential funding sources
– Make initial contacts, and follow-through of securing available funding along with the coordination of all optional funding opportunities
– Build and maintain profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with current donors and potential donors
– Maintain records in line with the Charity Commissions rules, regulations and guidelines, and within our own constitution
Skills & Qualifications
– The Ability to independently initiate projects and activities
– Good client interactions skills
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Excellent time-management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
– Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as negotiation skills
– Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
– Ability to maintain client confidentiality
– Knowledge of computers and Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher
– Good leadership skills with the potential for further development
– Understanding of budget control, expenses, and allocations
– Knowledge of developing a fundraising plan
– Attentive to details
– Dedication, motivation, drive, ambition, and commitment to the job at hand
– Must have the skills and potential to excel in this position.
Information Management: Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
Safety Requirements: Knowledge of, and observes and complies with office safety policies and emergency procedures.
Knowledge and Education: Some college or a degree in a related field or equivalent work- experience. If minimal education requirement is not met, then candidate should apply if they feel they have the skills and potential to excel in this position.
– Must have strong command of the written and spoken English language
– Must be proficient in the use of computers and office equipment
Caveat: Due to the nature of the work environment, it is required that all staff members perform duties beyond their job description, such as, but not limited to, answering phone, taking messages, helping other employees with organising community events, and assist regardless of the program
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed, and this will be by 19th May 2014. Those shortlisted will be asked to present a PowerPoint presentation, minimum of 5 minutes, in support of their application. Interviews will take place in Exeter on Tuesday 10th June 2014.
Expenses will only be refunded for the overall successful applicant.
Please apply in writing with a full covering letter and a copy of your CV, as well as a supporting statement telling us why you would excel in this position.
Closing Date Monday 12th May 2014.
Board of Trustees
The Wedding Wishing Well Foundation
Unit 17 Exeter Business Centre
Marsh Green Road West
Good luck! We look forward to hearing from you soon.